A+ Program Overview
The A+ program provides scholarship funds* to eligible graduates of A+ designated high schools who attend a participating public community college or vocational/technical school, or certain private two-year vocational/technical schools. Bayless High School became an A+ Designated High School in 2008 by the State Board of Education.
In order to be eligible for the financial incentives of this program, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or lawfully present in the U.S.
- Enter into a written agreement with Bayless High School prior to graduation.
- Attend a designated A+ high school for 2 years prior to graduation.
- Graduate from an A+ designated high school with an overall unweighted grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Have at least a 95% attendance record overall for grades 9-12.
- Perform 50 hours of unpaid tutoring on the Bayless campus, supervised by a Bayless faculty member.
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the unlawful use of drugs and alcohol.
- Have achieved a score of proficient or advanced on the Algebra I end of course exam or a higher level DESE approved end-of-course exam in the field of mathematics.
- Complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
For the most up-to-date information from the state please visit:
Missouri Department of Higher Education:
For a list of Eligible Post Secondary Schools from the state please visit: http://dese.mo.gov/divimprove/aplus/
For a list of Eligible A+ Community Colleges and Vocational Technical Schools:
The purpose of the A+ Student manual is to provide students, parents/guardians, and faculty with the current policies and procedures regarding the A+ Schools Program. For the most current information regarding the A+ Scholarship visit the Missouri Department of Higher Education: dhewd.mo.gov/ppc/grants/aplusscholarship.php
4532 Weber Road
St. Louis, MO 63123
Fax: 314 -544-6344
*All reimbursements are dependent upon Bayless High School maintaining its status as an A+ School and the availability of state appropriations from the Missouri General Assembly. Reimbursement is not the funding responsibility of the Bayless School District.